Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Early mornings are hectic in my house with three kids getting ready for school. I’ve tried to find as many easy breakfast ideas as I can to pull from when I need to feed the kids quickly and get them out the door. This french toast casserol with cinnamon rolls is one of our favorites! It’s also sometimes a treat for us on Saturday mornings.
My whole family is obsessed with all things french toast, and french toast bakes are my favorite. There are some great recipes out there that use cream cheese and brown sugar and several other amazing ingredients, however, this recipe doesn’t. We’re keeping it simple for you! You can throw this together in a glass baking dish and serve it up with very little amount of time and effort.
The aroma of cinnamon goodness that fills my house is enough to make anyone love this easy breakfast recipe. The flavor combinations are an instant crowd pleaser!
Tips for How to Make This Easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Bake until the top is golden brown, this will help ensure that the center has cooked all the way through.
- If you really love pecans you can layer them into the dish when making it. Otherwise you can just use them as a topper.
- The night before you can cut the cinnamon roll pieces and chop the nuts. The total time spent doing this and the prep work will save you some time when putting the casserole together the next morning.
- This is an awesome breakfast when feeding a crowd (maybe on vacation). Make a couple of casseroles and serve it with a side dish of scrambled eggs.
- In my opinion these are the best cinnamon rolls to use from Pillsbury that you can get at your local grocery store.
- Look for cinnamon rolls that come with cream cheese icing.
- Get the kids involved by giving them a separate bowl to seperate your fresh cut cinnamon rolls.
- You can use milk in place of the heavy whipping cream but the heavy cream makes this dish even more rich and delicious!
- You can use salted or unsalted butter. If you don’t want to use butter then cooking spray will work as a substitute.
- No brown sugar, granulated sugar or powdered sugar is needed for this recipe because you’re using the cinnamon rolls. I promise this dish is sweet enough without adding an sugar!
- Feel free to use your favorite syrup in this dish, any type will do!
- To store it use plastic wrap or an air tight container.
French Toast Casserole with Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
This super easy cinnamon roll french toast bake is always a crowd pleaser! The delicious flavors and rich taste will make this your favorite go-to breakfast. Share the whole dish and original recipe with a friend!
- 2 tubes of cinnamon rolls
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 of syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- cream cheese icing from cinnamon rolls
- Pour melted butter into an even layer in a 9x13 baking dish
- Seperate cinnamon rolls and cut each one int 8 pieces
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, whipping cream, vanilla and ground cinnamon
- Place your cinnamon roll pieces into the casserole dish and pour the mixture on top evenly covering the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Drizzle the syrup on top
- Sprinkle the top with chopped pecans
- Bake in your preheated oven at 375 for 25 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Pour the cream cheese icing on the top and serve this french toast bake while warm!
If you like this French Toast Casserole with Cinnamon Rolls recipe pin this recipe to Pinterest or bookmark this page to add to your recipe cards later!
Other Recipes to Try:
This French Toast Casserole is made with brown sugar and many other delicious ingredients: French Toast Casserole by Cafe Delices
Fluffy and Delicious Easy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes by Tastes of Lizzy T. Top them with powdered sugar and whipped cream and the kids will love this special breakfast treat!
Check out these Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls made by Sally’s Baking Addiction!