Honey Garlic Pork Tenderl
I’ve never been a fan of pork tenderloin. Well, let me re-phrase that, I’ve never been a fan of MY pork tenderloin. It’s always too dry, lacks flavor, or I throw it in the crockpot and it comes out falling apart and stringy. Now, I’m a pretty good cook so I was frustrated when I felt like I couldn’t perfect a good recipe for pork tenderloin, but, I’m not a quitter!
The other day I made the most incredible pork tenderloin I’ve ever had! No, seriously, my husband and three kids praised my name after making this delicious meal. I finally mastered a dish that’s been my culinary enemy for far too long!
First You Start With The Rub
I knew in order for this recipe to turn out well I was going to have to become friends with my recently purchased pork tenderloin. In fact, I made a wonderful blend of spices and I gave that tenderloin the best meat massage it’s ever had!
Next You Trap in The Flavors
Like I said before, my previous pork tenderloins lacked bold flavors that danced in my mouth. I wasn’t having this again so I
Cooking Your Pork Tenderloin
Your pork tenderloin is going to roast in the oven for 20 minutes. This is a key part of the process! If you overcook it then your pork will be dry but you never want to eat undercooked pork either. Keep your meat thermometer handy.
The Awesome Sauce
Now it’s time to prepare the incredible sauce that’s going to over the pork tenderloin once it’s finished cooking. In a saucepan, you’ll combine honey, brown sugar, minced garlic, soy sauce, and orange juice. Once those ingredients are lightly boiling then you’ll want to add your mixture of water and cornstarch. This helps turn that sauce into the perfect glaze.
The Finishing Touches
To complete the “best ever pork tenderloin” you’ll remove it from the oven and add the sauce/glaze you just made. Let it rest for a few minutes before cutting and serving. When it’s time for dinner, cut
We hope you enjoy making this dish and if you’ve given up on pork tenderloin recipes we encourage you to try again. Leave us a comment and let us know how your pork tenderloin turned out!
Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Bold and flavorful pork tenderloin.
- 1 pork tenderloin
Pork Tenderloin Rub
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili power
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried rosemary
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp mined garlic
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
1. Preheat over to 400. Puncture pork tenderloin with a fork.
2. Mix all the rub ingredients together in a small dish and then spread the rub on all sides of the pork tenderloin.
3. Add 2 tbsp of butter to a skillet on high heat. Sear the pork tenderloin until it’s browned on all sides (about 2 minutes).
4. Place pork tenderloin in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
5. While the pork tenderloin is roasting, in a small saucepan add all the ingredients for the honey garlic sauce except the water and cornstarch. Bring these to a slight boil.
6. Combine the water and cornstarch together and slowly pour it into the honey garlic sauce. Whisk together until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
7. Remove the pork tenderloin from the oven and pour the honey garlic sauce on the cooked tenderloin. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve.