This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
3 Must-Have Travel Items For Kids
I love looking at pictures of families who travel together. I can spend too much time browsing the pictures on Instagram of people who travel all over the world with their kids. I’m always amazed at how well put together everyone looks and how they capture those picture-perfect moments. I must admit though, I’m not fooled! We travel with our kids and even though I post those beautiful moments, I’m the first to admit that when you take your little humans on vacation, it takes work!
Every time my husband wants to buy a new tool he always reminds me that he is only as good as the tools he has to work with. Now, I’m pretty sure this is just something he tells me so that he can justify the purchase, however, I do get the point. As a family who travels together often, I realize the importance of having the right “tools” to help us as we take adventures together.
Today I have listed three of my all-time favorite items, each one has improved our time traveling together.
1. Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet
These tablets have come on every trip we’ve taken since we got them. They were given to my girls as a gift and I believe they have saved my sanity! If you’re considering getting your kid a tablet or you want to buy one for someone else–this is the one you want!
- They come with a 2-year worry-free guarantee. Amazon says “if they break it, return it and we’ll replace it for free. No questions asked.” I’ve tested this out more times than I’d like to admit. We’ve received our devices back in a timely manner.
- You get one free year of FreeTime Unlimited which gives you access to “15,000 popular apps and games, videos, books, and educational content from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more.” FreeTime is wonderful because I know the games, books, and videos are all kid-friendly and appropriate for their age group. The parental setting has given me peace of mind. While my children are young these are the only tablets we will ever own.
- The kid-proof case is great for protecting your device from everyday wear and tear.
2. ZÜCA Travel Bag
These travel bags are incredible. They are stylish, functional, and very durable. When I discovered ZÜCA bags I was instantly hooked. Our family now owns four of them! They are unique and every trip we take, people ask me where I got them.
My readers get an exclusive discount code (ZUCALFBABL2019 ) for 10% off a bag at www.zuca.com/school-and-sport
Here are all the reasons why I love these bags:
- They are extremely durable. My three girls wheeled their bag around everywhere, up steps, into the vehicle, down the driveway, you can tell it’s built to last!
- They have a bag for every occasion. Are you a student carrying around a lot of books? What about a parent whose kids play different sports and you need a way to keep them organized? Are you a business professional whose appearance and organizational skills need to reflect well to impress clients? Or perhaps you are like me and have an adventurous family who is packing often for the next travel experience. ZÜCA bags are able to handle any of your on-the-go needs.
- Your ZÜCA bag will reflect your personality and style. What a fun way to get your kids excited about carrying their own things!
- It is created with a built-in seat! I’m very excited about this. A built-in seat will come in handy at sporting events, airport lines, and many other occasions. I also appreciated that on our sports bag the handle can be lowered or raised to accommodate either a child or adult.
- The handy packing pouches are a must, they make organizing your ZÜCA bag simple and easy. They allow you to utilize all of the space available within your bag.
Read my full review here.
3. BubbleBum Booster Car Seat
Seriously, why did I not know about this item sooner? I have stressed over, fought with, and lost many battles with car seats when traveling. I was thrilled when I discovered BubbleBum. They are lightweight inflatable car seats for ages 4 – 11, 40 – 100 pounds. It’s rated a “Best Bet” Booster by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. This is one of those items that I call a “game changer“.
You can inflate these seats quickly. We are able to get three ready for use within a couple minutes. They come with a bag to carry them in. We are able to fit three of these in a backpack that the kids carry. One of the smartest purchases we have ever made.
Happy travels from our family to yours!